Monday, December 19, 2011

Kindle update

I went out yesterday, and brought the Kindle with me.  I was waiting around at brunch first (because there was ANOTHER Santa run, resulting in impossible parking; I think they're following me), and then riding public transportation. Apparently I read 7% of Les Misérables (roughly 100 pages, I think).

I am a little bit in love. The tactile difference definitely takes some getting used to every time I pick it up, but within a few pages I'm okay with it. I have no idea if I will ever sit down on the couch with it, but since I'm traveling this week I think I will be able to finish LM.   

However, I have not yet started From the Mouth of the Whale; I'm dinking around with half-hearted re-readings of The Wreck of the Medusa* and A History of the World in 10 1/2 Chapters. Tonight I promise I will pick up the Icelandic craziness.

*Of note: the sailors on the raft of the Medusa resorted to cannibalism on the third day. I used to think this was beyond insane and an opportunity for many jokes about the eating habits of the French, and then I had to prep for a colonoscopy and couldn't eat for 24 hours. I understand it a little better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment